Ms. Shivani Dutta
Ms Shivani Dutta has over 5 years of teaching experience. She completed her LL.M (Consumer Laws) with a Gold Medal from National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) and her BA.LLB from M. S. Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore. She cleared her NET (National Eligibility Test) in 2015 and joined IFIM Law School in the year 2016. She is currently pursuing her PhD from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore. Her main areas of interests are Consumer Laws, Human Rights Law and Family Laws. She also heads the Centre of Excellence on Consumer Laws at IFIM Law School. Recently she presented a research paper of Rohingyas in Bangladesh: Policy, Law and Practice at the International Conference organised by North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Research Papers :
- Article titled “ Legalization of Euthanasia: The Conundrum of Principle and Policy is under the process of publication in VBCL Law Review, 2018.
- Article titled “A Critical Study of Civil Code in UK, USA and India with Special Reference to Rights of Women” published in the JLPP Special Issue, NLSIU.
- Article titled ‘E-Pharmacy in India: Issues and Challenges’ published in the Amity International Journal on Law and Juridical Sciences
- Article titled ‘To Protect and Improve the Environment: The Role Played by Indian Judiciary’ published in Legal Desire International Journal on Law, Vol. 1 Issue: VII July-October, 2016
- Written an Article titled “Green Consumerism For a Safer Environment: Issues and Challenges In India” published in the Journal of Juridical And Social Science, National Education Foundation Law College, Vol 5 No1, January-March 2015, Regd ISSN 2231-4636.
- Article titled “Are Lawyers Liable Under The Consumer Protection Act, 1986? Published in the Journal of Juridical And Social Science, National Education Foundation Law College , Vol 5 No 3, July-September 2015, Regd ISSN 2231-4636.
- Article titled “Juvenile Justice in India: Need for Reconsideration” published in the NLUA Law &Policy Review , Vol 1No 2, 2015
Seminars and Workshops :
- Presented a research paper on ‘Rohingyas in Bangladesh: Policy, Practice and Law’ in the International Conference on Rohingya Crisis in Bangladesh: Crisis and Sustainable Solution organised by North South University, Dhaka and UNHCR, 2019
- Participated in the “Brainstorming Round Table Meeting on Effective Implementation of Online Dispute Resolution through Mediation” sponsored by Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India, New Delhi at NLSIU, 2019
- Delivered a special lecture on Consumer Laws at BMS Law College, Bangalore, 2019
- Judged the National Tort Law Moot Court Competition organised by Surana & Surana & Ramaiah College of Law, 2019
- Participated in the Orientation Program organised by CMR University on Criminal Laws, 2019
- Participated in the Symposium on ‘Right to Health Patenting and Generic Medicine in India’, organised by Kristu Jayanti College of Law, Bengaluru on 27th April 2018.
- Participated in the One Day Certificate Programme in Sports Law and the IPL jointly offered by Scriboard-Advocates & Legal Consultants & Enhelion Knowledge Ventures Pvt Ltd on 15th April, 2018.
- Participated in the National Law School Tobacco Control Legal Seminar on 29th & 30th April 2017 organised by National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- Participated in the ‘Training Programme on Mediation Advocacy Skills” on April 1, 2017 organised by the Online Consumer Mediation Centre, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru with the support of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India at the International Training Centre, NLSIU, Bengaluru.
- Presented a paper on “A Critical Study of Civil Code in UK, USA and India with Special Reference to Rights of Women” in the two day National Seminar on Constitutional Quest For Uniform Civil Code: Mirage or Compulsion on 17th and 18th March, 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Uniform Civil Code: A Tool for Gender Justice” in the two day National Seminar organised by Government Law College, Thiruvanthapuram on 3rd and 4th February, 2017
- Attended a FDP on Teaching Skills organised by Vivekananda College of Law, Bangalore on 13th and 14th December 2016.
- Presented a paper on “Liability for Medical Negligence under Consumer Protection Act” in the National Seminar on Consumer Protection: Issues and Challenges organised by ICFAI Hyderabad on 21st and 22nd October 2016 .
- Presented a paper on “Juvenile Justice Act: Need for Reconsideration” in the National Conference on Protection of Rights of Children: Issues and Challenges organized by National Law University, Assam in partnership with UNICEF , Office for Assam, held on 14th MARCH 2015 at Guwahati, Assam.
- Participated in the two-day Orientation and Development Programme for the University Teachers on 04-05 October, 2013 at Guwahati, Assam.
- Participated in the One Day Workshop for Journalists on Media, Conflict Reporting and International Humanitarian Law on 12th September, 2013.
- Participated in the Professional Development Workshop For Lawyers and Law Teachers on Consumer Rights Advocacy and Access to Justice from 6th – 11th August, 2013 at National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- Participated in the Training Programme on Copyright and Trademark organized by the MHRD Chair on IPR, Tezpur University on 8th and 9th November, 2012 at NEDFI House, Guwahati