IFIM Law School
Ms. Shivani Dutta
Ms. Shivani Dutta
LL.M (Consumer Laws ), NET (Law)
PhD Research Scholar at NLSIU, Bangalore (2017)
(LL.M, Consumer Laws) from National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
IFIMS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON IPR AND COMMERCIAL LAWS
Faculty-coordinator IFIM Centre of Excellence on Consumer Laws:
Invited as a speaker on the occasion of National Consumer Day, 2017 to speak on Consumer Protection Bill, 2017 organized by CREAT, Bangalore
Have been part of the Research Team at Online Consumer Mediation Centre, NLSIU Bangalore as a part of Faculty Exchange Programme:
Participated in the National Law School Tobacco Control Legal Seminar
Participated in the "Training Programme on Mediation Advocacy Skills”
Law of Tort
Law of Contract
Law of Evidence
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Medical Jurisprudence/ Consumer Laws
Academic Work experience:
Also teaches/taught at:
taught at NEF LAW College Guwahati, Guest Faculty National Law University, Assam
- Gold Medallist (LL.M, Consumer Laws) from National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
- Topper of LL.M from National Law University,Assam (2012-2014).
- Witnessed the Republic Day Parade, 2014 for excellent academic performance in LL.M Consumer Law (1st Year).
Seminars and Workshops:
- Presented a paper on “A Critical Study of Civil Code in UK, USA and India with Special Reference to Rights of Women” in the two day National Seminar on Constitutional Quest For Uniform Civil Code: Mirage or Compulsion on 17th and 18th March, 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Uniform Civil Code: A Tool for Gender Justice” in the two day National Seminar organised by Government Law College, Thiruvanthapuram on 3rd and 4th February, 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Liability for Medical Negligence under Consumer Protection Act” in the National Seminar on Consumer Protection: Issues and Challenges organised by ICFAI Hyderabad on 21st and 22nd October 2016.
- Presented a paper on “Juvenile Justice Act: Need for Reconsideration” in the National Conference on Protection of Rights of Children: Issues and Challenges organized by National Law University, Assam in partnership with UNICEF, Office for Assam, held on 14th MARCH 2015 at Guwahati, Assam.
Books / Research papers published:
- Articles Published 03
- Article titled “A Critical Study of Civil Code in UK, USA and India with Special Reference to Rights of Women” published in the JLPP Special Issue, NLSIU.
- Article titled ‘E-Pharmacy in India: Issues and Challenges’ published in the Amity International Journal on Law and Juridical Sciences.
- Article titled ‘To Protect and Improve the Environment: The Role Played by Indian Judiciary’ published in Legal Desire International Journal on Law, Vol. 1 Issue: VII July-October, 2016.
- Written an Article titled “Green Consumerism For a Safer Environment: Issues and Challenges In India” published in the Journal of Juridical And Social Science, National Education Foundation Law College Vol 5 No1, January-March 2015, Regd ISSN 2231-4636.
- Article titled “Are Lawyers Liable Under The Consumer Protection Act, 1986? Published in the Journal of Juridical And Social Science, National Education Foundation Law College, Vol 5 No 3, July-September 2015, Regd ISSN 2231-4636.
- Article titled “Juvenile Justice in India: Need for Reconsideration” published in the NLUA Law &Policy Review, Vol 1No 2, 2015.