IFIM Law School
Dr Avinash Dadhich
Dr Avinash Dadhich
Principal Designate & Associate Dean IFIM Law School
Prof. Dr. Avinash Dadhich is Principal Designate & Associate Dean IFIM Law School.Dr Dadhich’s areas of specialization are Global Competition Law, European Union Law, Global Anti-Corruption/Fraud Law (FCPA & UKBA), and Law / Regulation of AI / Robotics.
In 2015, he was invited as Antitrust Fellow by the Department of States, USA under theInternational Visitor Leadership Programme (IVLP) to visit New York, Washington D.C, Iowa City and San Francisco. He has also been a Visiting Research Scholar in various international universities of repute such as King’s College London; Max Planck Institute of IP and Competition Law, Munich, Germany; and Institute of European Studies, Brussels, Belgium.
Prof. Dadhich has attended and presented research papers at international conferences at Oxford University; The Amsterdam Centre for Law & Economics; University of Amsterdam, Netherlands; University of Birmingham; University of Southampton, UK; Poznan University, Poland; Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) Athens, Greece; King's College, London; American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law, Washington DC; European Commission, Brussels; Tilburg Law and Economics Centre (TILEC), Amsterdam, Netherlands; and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland etc
Prof. Dadhich has also published research articles in UK, France, Germany and India. He has delivered lectures on various aspects of Competition Law, Patent Law and Regulation in India, France and UK.
Ph.D in Law, Bangor University, Bangor, Wales, United Kingdom
LL.M in International & European Law, Toulouse 1 University Capitole, Toulouse, France
LL.B, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, India
Intellectual Property Laws
Public International Law
European Union law
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Indian & Global Competition Laws
Law &Regulation of AI and Robotics
Corporate Fraud & international Anti-Corruption Laws
International & European Union Law
Chinese Law & Policy
Academic Work experience:
Professor of Law & Assistant Dean, Alliance Law School, Alliance University, Bengaluru
Professor of Law & HOD, Seedling School of Law & Governance, Jaipur National University, Jaipur
Visiting Professor: National Law University, Delhi, Indian Law Institute, Indian Society for International Law, The National Academy of Indian Railways, Vadodara, Lyon Business School, Lyon & Science Po, Toulouse and Toulouse Law School, France
Corporate Work experience:
Advocate, Supreme Court of India
Manager, Deloitte India
Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young ( EY) India
Expert (Law) Competition Commission of India, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India
Summer Intern, Gide LoyretteNouel LLP, Paris, France
Summer Associate, White & Case LLP, Brussels, Belgium
- 125th Anniversary full Scholarship by Bangor University, Bangor, Wales, UK for PhD French Govt full Scholarship for LL.M
- French Govt full Scholarship for LL.M
- International Training Programme on “Innovation, Technology and Successful Technology transfer and Licensing Agreement” organized by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)atVienna, Austria (July 2008)
- Officer Cadet, Wales Universities Officers Training Corps (WUOTC), British Territorial Army (2009-2011)
Research papers/Book Reviews published :
- Interface of IP and Competition Law in India, Concurrences, Revue Lamy Concurrence, Paris, France.(Sept.2019)
- A Critical view of Law & Regulation of Artificial Intelligence in India and China, Delphi – Interdisciplinary Review of Emerging Technologies, Germany ( Dec 2018)
- Anti-Cartelization Law in India: A study of last decade (2007-17), Concurrences, Revue Lamy Concurrence, Paris, France.(Sept.2017)
- A critical examination of ex-post-merger remedies reports in the EU, USA, and UK focusing on the efficiency of remedies related to IP assets. Manupatra Competition Law Reporter, (Jan-Feb, 2011)
- The Harmonization Process of European Company law”, in Lex Witness, August, 2009
- Media Ownership and Control, Law, Economics and Policy in an Indian and International Context, Hart publication,Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2014
- Competition Law, Technology Transfer and the TRIPS Agreement: Implications for Developing Countries, TuThanh Nguyen, Edward Elgar Publication, 2010. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2011.
- European Commission Decisions on Competition – Economic Perspective on Landmark Antitrust and Merger Cases, Cambridge University Press, 2010. European Competition Law Review 2011
- A principle approach edited by Roger Zach, Andreasheinemann and Andreas Kellerhals, Edward Elgar Publication, 2010. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2010.
- The Interface between Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Policy, edited by Prof. Steven D. Anderman, Cambridge University Press, 2009. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2010.
- The Global Challenge of Intellectual Property Rights, edited by Robert C.Bird and SubhashC.Jain Edward Elgar Publication, 2008. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law 2009.to Abuse of Dominance in European law, Liza LovdahlGormsen, Cambridge University Press, 2010. Journal of Computer, Media andTelecommunications Law in 2010.
- Intellectual Property and EU Competition Law, Jonathan D.C. Turner, Oxford University Press, 2010. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2010.
- The Development of Competition Law, edited by Roger Zach, Andreas heinemann and Andreas Kellerhals, Edward Elgar Publication, 2010. Journal of Computer, Media and Telecommunications Law in 2010.