News & Events
NATIONAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACT DRAFTING WORKSHOP
Bengaluru, 12th October, 2019
CEWCL, IFIM Law school in association with Juris Law Offices, New Delhi organized a 1-day National Workshop on Commercial Contract Drafting on 12th October 2019 at the auditorium of IFIM institutions. The event was sponsored by Manupatra and Hostel Back Packs.
The aim of the event was to equip participants with a basic understanding of commercial contract drafting. Its goal was to add an extra edge to their skill set that would eventually enhance their future corporate endeavors.
The Inauguration Started with the blessings of Almighty by lighting of the Lamp by the Guest and our Principle, Prof. Dr. Avinash Dadhich. After the lighting of the lamp, the Guest and IFIM Law School Principal.
Prof. Dr. Avinash Dadhich set the context for the event by highlighting the importance of contract drafting in corporate world. He spoke on how 80 % of contracts are similar and the creativity of the rest 20 % makes the contract stand out. He also mentioned the psychological dimensions of the client that are to be considered while drafting a contract. Besides this, Dr. Dadhich put emphasis on the importance of dealing with clients in a lawful manner irrespective of the circumstances.
Later, the speaker for the day- Mr. Vikas started with talking about the need for contracts and how it makes business easier. He expressed his gratitude for being the speaker for the day.
The chief guest of the day was Ms. Manvi Rajvanshi. Her words focused on the omnipresence of contracts in the corporate world. She said that there is a growing need for lawyers to be aware about every field. She also appreciated the efforts of management of IFIM Law School in organizing such events.
The first session was held from 11 AM to 1 AM and dealt with an introduction to the topic. Mr. Vikas educated the audience with following concepts:
· Reasons for creating contracts
· Preferred Drafting Style to avoid ambiguity (With examples)
· Discussion before entering into an oral contract and related enquires (done through activities)
· Features of a good brief.
· This was followed by Lunch Time from 1 PM to 2 PM.
· The second technical session which was form 2 PM to 4:15 PM dealt with following concepts:
· Detailed analysis of types of clauses within a contact (complimented with examples)
· Do’s and Do Nots while drafting a contract
Then we had a tea break followed by certificate distribution to all the 135 participants. Along with this, 5 students were also given certificates of merit with incentives based on their performance in the seminar.
This was followed by the felicitation of Ms. Vaishnavi, Campus Ambassador of Juris Law Offices, New Delhi. The Law school was then briefed about the formation of WE- IFIM Student cell and the role it will play in the coming days.
The Vote of Thanks was delivered by Ms. Shagufta Anjum, Faculty Coordinator of CEWCL. The event was smoothly organized by the core members of CEWCL who put in lots of dedication to it.
25 years of leadership development
The journey of IFIM Institutions