Dr. Christofer Laurell
Scholar in Residence
Christofer Laurell is Docent in Business Administration at Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) and based at SSE Institute for Research, Sweden. Before joining SSE, Laurell has previously been researcher within the Flexit-programme, a pilot initiative initiated by the Swedish Central Bank’s Foundation for Research in Humanities and Social Sciences. He has also been working at Jönköping International Business School where he was involved in Sweden’s first Master’s Programmer in Digital Business.
Laurell’s research profile is centered around the digital transformation of markets. By utilizing digital research methods, his research focuses on the interplay between technological innovation and institutional change and its consequences for industrial as well as societal transformation processes in general and marketing in particular. Primarily, he has used and refined Digital Media Analytics. Based on this method, he has aggregated a database of around 8 million publicly posted user-generated content drawn from a variety of industries and sectors. By using digital research methods to study the transformation of markets, he has over the last three years published ten papers in ABS 3 ranked journals like Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Journal of Business Research and Information Technology and People as well as several papers in ABS 2 and 1 ranked journals such as Journal of Cleaner Production and International Journal of Innovation Management.
Previous academic affiliations :
- 2018. Visiting Scholar, School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University
- 2016-2019. Assistant Professor, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University
- 2015-2016. Affiliated Researcher, Centre for Sports and Business, Stockholm School of Economics Institute for Research
- 2014-2016. Affiliated Researcher, Stockholm Business School, Stockholm University
Educational Qualification :
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Stockholm Business School, Stockholm University
- Licentiate Degree in Business Administration, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg
- M.Sc., Business Administration, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg