Dr. Chandrashekar Subramanyam
Area: Business Analytics
Regarded as one of the top Analytics Professor in the country today, he was the chair Professor (July 1998-Feb 2013) & officiating Director (April 2009 to Jan 2010) at FORE School of Management, New Delhi. He joined FORE School in 1988 as Senior Professor. There he also headed the software development function that saw building of prototype of products in areas of Business Intelligence, Risk Management, and Customer Relations Management.
He has a vast experience of more than 34 years in R&D, Academic & Industry in the area of Quantitative Techniques & IT. He teaches courses in the area of IT, Quantitative Techniques, Text Mining and Sentiment Analysis, and Advanced Market Research. He worked as Professor and Area Chair of Quantitative and Information systems group at IIM Lucknow for about ten Years. He was also the Member Secretary to IIM Lucknow Board for about three years. He also held other Academic administrative positions like Chairperson of Admission Committee and Placement Committee. He was also a visiting Professor at Manchester Business School for about a year under Euro India exchange program.
- NASSCOM-DEWANG Mehta award for the best teacher in IT in the Year 2010
- India Higher Education forum award for contribution to Technology in Higher Education in 2012
- Times of India Education times Award for Contribution to IT Area in 2013
- Most remembered Faculty at IIM Lucknow by IIM-L Alumni Association during their silver jubilee celebrations
- Among top Ten Analytics Professors in the country by Analytics India Magazine
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Institution of Electronics & Telecom Engineers, and Senior Life Member of Computer Society of India.
Dr Chandrashekar has published in several International and National Journals and presented papers and chaired sessions at National and International forums. He has patents to his credit having filed a patent jointly with IFIM. He is working on his next patents in the area of Text Mining and Financial Analytics.
- Ph.D., University of Georgia, United States
- MTech, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India