Ms. Bovina Sunath
Assistant Professor, Department of Languages
Prof.Bovina S is an academician with 15 years of experience in teaching English, Communication and Journalism. She began her teaching career as a visiting faculty in Zantye College, Government College Khandola, Goa and St. Xavier’s College, Goa. She the joined as a lecturer in Communication at Government Polytechnic Panaji and later joined the Journalism Department at Don Bosco College, Panaji as an Assistant Professor. She moved to Bangalore in the year 2013 and joined the Department of Languages, T. John College. Since 2016 she has been with the Personality Enhancement Program of IFIM Institutions as Assistant Professor. She is a voracious reader with keen interest in current affairs, writing has been her forte. She has been a freelance journalist, writer, columnist.
She has received the Special Award in T. John for her ability to motivate students to drive large scale initiatives and push them to realise their full potential. She has also held various administrative roles as Chairperson-Women’s Cell and Coordinator of Student Welfare and Grievance cell. She is also Coordinator for various Student Clubs in the previous institutions.
She was Convener of national level seminars and conferences related to the field of English Literature and Media like Kadambari: A national Conference on Narratives,Madhyama:A National Media Conference, Ignite Film Festival: A national level student festival.
At IFIM she has established the Youth Parliament and has been part of core committee of AACSB Accreditation Process, Kanyathon Annual Charity Run and other student related initiatives.
Her monthly column ‘Living Houses’, featured in a Lifestyle magazine Casa e Jardim. One of the articles has been published in a book titled.:Mhamais of Goa in the network of trade and culture, Chapter 18,Page No.120 Titled: House with a History Mhamais of Goa in the network of trade and culture .
Her article titled, ‘The benefits of developing well rounded personalities in Institutions’ was published in ‘Your story’ a web portal.
She Presented a paper on ‘The Role of Audio-Visual media in English language Teaching’ in Jain University, the paper is published in a Research journal ‘Samyoga’.
Her Paper titled ‘Khadi and repositioning: A holistic study on consumers and retailers’, published September 2019 in Colorage Magazine.
She has been Editorial Board member of research journal Samayoga and other magazines of the various institutions she worked with, including the Kanyathon 2020 Souvenir recently
- Post-Graduation Diploma (Journalism & Mass Communication)
- Masters of English Literature
Goa University, Goa
- Bachelor of English (Hons)
Goa University, Goa
- Herald Publications, Panaji, Goa: Freelance Journalist, Internship.
- Casa e Jardim (Magazine), Panaji, Goa: Columnist of a page titled ‘Living houses’.
- Presented a paper on ‘The Role of Audio Visual media in English language Teaching’ in Jain University, the paper is published in a Research journal ‘Samyoga’.
- An article titled, ‘The benefits of developing well rounded personalities in institutions’ Published in’ Your story’ a web portal.
- Presented a paper on ‘Eco feminism: An answer to sustainable development in India’, at Convergence 2017, an International Conference on Sustainable practices. IFIM B school. The paper due for publication in Scopus journal ‘Focus’.
Any other achievements:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Effective teaching methods with proven track record.
- Project guide for final year BA students in St. Xavier’s College, Goa.
- Consistent performance in terms of academic results
- Have been guide for journalism students in their final year project for Magazine journalism in Don Bosco College.
- Leadership quality, organizational skills, team work and crisis management are some of the skills that help me in discharging my duties efficiently.
- Feature writing, public speaking, oratorical skills and editing techniques are my other competencies
- Was appointed coordinator of Women’s Cell T. John College and coordinator for Student’s Welfare and Grievance Cell, T. John College, Over all in charge of college clubs in T. John College.
- involved in hosting, training student comperes for various college shows.
- Successfully coordinated Blaze 2016 college fest and received a Special award for ensuring many footfalls, good sponsorship, excellent coordination and publicity of the event.
- Convener and organizing committee member of Media Seminar’ Madhyama-The various trends and challenges in Media’, Co-Convener of National Conference on Narratives-Kadambari.
- mber Curriculum revision board Government Polytechnic College, Goa, Member NAAC accreditation committee, T. John College.
- Successfully coordinated ‘Kanyathon 2017 and 18, a run for a cause and other events in IFIM B School.
- Been in the Editorial board of magazines and journals at various institutes I have worked.
- Part of NBA accreditation process, IFIM B School
- Core committee member AACSB, IFIM Business School
Email id :