IFIM Business School
Prof. Abhijit Biswas
Prof. Abhijit Biswas
Assistant Professor– Finance
Prof. Abhijit Biswas is a professor of Finance at IFIM Business School. Prior to joining IFIM, he worked for iNurture Education Solution Private Ltd., as a Mentor—Financial Services and Analytics. His key responsibilities at iNurture included supervising content development, designing and updating curriculum MBA-Finance and MBA-Analytics, representing iNurture in BOS of partner universities such as Jain University, Bangalore, BSARCU, Chennai, Sandip University, Nashik, JLU, Bhopal, etc, and training iNurture faculty members across partner universities through webinars and FDPs. Prof. Abhijit comes with a rich experience in e-learning industry. He has served Kesdee Systems India Pvt. Ltd. as an Associate Team Lead--Content, and ANSR Source India Pvt. Ltd. as an SME in Advanced Accounting and Finance. His areas of specialization are Quantitative Finance, Financial Econometrics, Derivatives, Financial Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, and Managerial Accounting. His research interest lies in Business Valuations, Volatility Modeling, and Capital Adequacy Norms for banks. Prof. Abhijit is a prolific writer and penning down thoughts is his hobby. Presently, he is a certified member of Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), U.S. He is also a certified member of Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), U.S. He has got over 12 years of teaching, training, and corporate experience.
UGC NET—Commerce, July, 2018
FRM, GARP, USA, 2017
CMA, IMA, USA, 2016
MBA (Gold Medallist), Ramaiah Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore; SBS Swiss Business School, Switzerland, 2010
M.Com, University of Calcutta, 2005
B.Com (Honours), St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, University of Calcutta, 2003
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
Financial Risk Management
Time Series Econometrics
Content and Case Writing:
- Risk Analysis: A quantitative Guide, Wiley, 3rd Edition; David Vose (Chapters 1 to 8 and Chapters 16 to 20)
- Principles of Modeling and Simulation: A Multidisciplinary Approach, Wiley, 2nd Edition, John A. Sokolowski, Catherine M. Banks
- Business Statistics: For Contemporary Decision Making, Wiley, 8th Edition, Ken Black
Authored case studies and MCQs for the books:
Workshops and FDPs Conducted:
- Conducted a two-day workshops on Probability Distribution and Monte Carlo Simulation at IISWBM, Kolkata from 18th January 2018 to 19th January 2018.
- Conducted a two-day FDP at Techno India University, Kolkata from 11th July, 2018 to 12th July, 2018 on designing learning outcomes based on Bloom’s Taxonomy, developing a comprehensive Teaching Learning Plan, designing a SMART Individual Development Plan, and embedding soft skills and innovative pedagogical practices into domain courses.
- Conducted two-day FDP at Integral University, Lucknow on embedding soft skills into domain courses, learning outcomes based on Bloom’s Taxonomy and innovative pedagogical practices from 25th July 2018 to 26th July 2018.
- Conducted four-day faculty training at STC, Kochi on Financial Modelling and Bloom’s Taxonomy from 1st August 20018 to 4th August 2018.
- Conducted two-day FDP at MMU, Ambala on embedding soft skills into domain courses, learning outcomes based on Bloom’s Taxonomy, and innovative pedagogical practices from 28th August 2018 to 29th August 2018.
Academic Work Experience:
- iNurture Education Solution Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore (2015-2018)
- Global Institute for Corporate Education, Bangalore (2014-2015)
- Ramaiah Institute of Management Studies (Visiting Faculty), Bangalore (2010-2014)
- DAV Public School, Kakri, UP (2006-2008)
Corporate Work Experience:
- Kesdee Systems India Private Limited, Bangalore (2012-2014)
- ANSR Source India Private Limited (2010-2012)
Also Taught At:
- Jain University, Bangalore
- ADYPU, Pune
- Acadgild, Bangalore