News & Events
IFIM Business School and Analytics Vidhya conduct a ‘LearnUp’ on Business Analytics
Aug 20, 2016
IFIM Business School and Analytics Vidhya organized a ‘LearnUp’ for beginners and professionals to learn Data Science and Analytics from scratch.
The fast growing analytics industry has piqued interest amongst people to learn more about data science. The workshop took the students through business analytics basics and techniques. Along with a session on career paths and best practices from the industry, it was overall a well-structured workshop. The speakers at the LearnUp session were:
- Mr. Sonny Laskar – He is one of the Analytics Vidhya community members and was the lead host for the event. He is an IIM Indore / University of Texas Austin Alum who has won several hackathons on Analytics Vidhya and Kaggle competitions as well.
- Dr. Chandrasekhar – He is the Director – Center of Excellence in Business Analytics, IFIM Business School and a domain expert. B.Tech & M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, Ph.D. from the US with 25 years of experience in the academics. He provided an overview of Analytics domain and discussed applications of Analytics.
- Mr. Sunil Ray – Mr. Sunil has been with Analytics Vidhya for more than 2 years now and is their Chief Content Officer. He has deep knowledge in analytics and machine learning with experience in BFSI domain. He has conducted several meetups and hackathons for Analytics Vidhya in past.
The session began with a talk from analytics experts. The executives also got an opportunity to talk to community members and interact with industry experts during the question and answer session. Post the break, there was a lab session followed by a quiz, where winners were awarded.
Highlights of the session –
- Insight into beginning a career in analytics.
- Learning about the best practices (tips & tricks) to become successful in data science.
- Sharing of real-life experiences of best data scientists in Bengaluru.
- Executives gained hands-on experience on predictive modeling by working on a live practice problem.
- Knowledge of R / Python / SAS / Excel from scratch.
20 years of leadership development
The journey of IFIM Institutions