IFIM Business School
Prof. Anand Narsimha
Prof. Anand Narsimha
Adjunct Faculty – Marketing & Strategy
Prof. Anand is a corporate turned academician with over to 30 years’ of leadership experience spanning Brand Marketing, Advertising, Consulting and Academics.
He is an Adjunct Faculty at IFIM Business School, Bangalore. He is also a faculty resource at IIM-Bangalore for Executive Programs and for companies such as Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL).
Prof. Anand has a Masters in ‘Behavioral Sciences’ from BITS-Pilani and has done an Executive Post Graduate Program in ‘Strategic Brand Management’ from IIM-Calcutta.
His areas of interest include, Brand Strategy, Global Branding, Marketing Communications, Consumer Culture, Shopper Marketing and Business Strategy. Prof. Anand teaches courses in these areas with consistently high student ratings. He publishes articles regularly, conducts executive development programs and consults with companies.
He was a full-time faculty at FIM Business School, Bangalore for close to 5 years and served as ‘Dean-Planning & Development’, as well as ‘Area Head -Marketing’.
He has rich cross-category experience having navigated brands for leading Indian and Global corporations such as, P&G, Nestle, Dabur, Tata Tea, ITC, Britannia, Cavinkare, Mother Dairy, BPL, Sony, Samsung, Hyundai, TVS Motors, Hero Motors, Epson, Benetton, Tata AIG, HSBC.
In 2005, he was rated among the ‘Top 50 Brand Marketing Professionals in Asia-Pacific’. He is a member of ‘The American Marketing Association’ (AMA) and has won a host of Marketing Effectiveness awards including ‘2 Cannes’ and ‘3 EFFIES’. He also set up India’s first Shopper Marketing Consultancy with Madison Media World.
Besides branding and teaching, his other passion is cooking and travelling to explore the food and drink of various regions of the world.
Publications & Projects:
- Lifestyle Segmentation- Its Application in Advertising.
- Rural Marketing in India- An Overview.
- Case Studies in Indian Advertising.
- Brief or Grief- Writing Inspiring Advertising Briefs.
- Shopping for Shoppers- The Age of Shopper Marketing.
- Shopping in 5-D: Sensorial Engagement in the Shopping Experience.
- Shopper Marketing-The India Challenge.
- Why People Shop? The Types of Shopping Decisions.
- Marketing 2.0- The New Mantras for Brand Marketing.
- Consumer Megatrends that are Reshaping the Indian Marketplace.
- Perform or Belong- How Brands Differentiate.
- Does your Brand have a Voice? The Importance of Sonic Branding.
- Has Incredible India missed the Global Brand bus?.
- Branding with the Enemy- A New Framework for Brand Resonance.
- E-tail Therapy- An Anthropological Perspective on Online Shopping.
- Strategy Demystified-Making Business Strategy Pure and Simple.
- IFIM’s Industry Internship Program (IIP): A Case Study on Creating a Unique Industry Internship Model in Management Education.
- How Brand Marketing has changed in the Digital World.
- Refresh your Brand in 5 Simple Steps.
Email id :