News & Events
MR. AJAI CHOWDHRY ON THE ACADEMIC GOVERNING BOARD OF IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL
Bangalore, June 30th, 2014
Padma Bhushan Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Founder-HCL & Former Chairman- HCL Infosystems Ltd. was recently invited to join the ‘Academic Governing Board’ (AGB) of IFIM Business School, Bangalore.
Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, one of the six founder members of HCL, began an exciting journey three decades ago with a dream to give India its very own microcomputer. HCL, India’s original IT garage start-up founded in 1976, today is an Rs 26,318 crores (US $ 5.7 bn) global enterprise and Mr. Ajai Chowdhry has been a key force in driving the growth of HCL. He led the foundation of HCL's overseas operations, starting with Singapore in 1980s and later expanded to the other South Asian Markets. He has been enlisted among ‘India's Most Powerful Brand Builders’ and has been adjudged among ‘India Inc’s Most Powerful CEOs’ by The Economic Times. In 2011, the honorable President of India conferred Mr Ajai Chowdhry with the prestigious Padma Bhushan, one of the highest civilian honors, as recognition of his consistent contribution in building the IT industry of the nation. Presently, Mr. Ajai Chowdhry has started to focus on incubating entrepreneurship by aiding start-ups through a variety of initiatives. He is currently involved in teaching entrepreneurship at IIT Hyderabad and has been recently appointed by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee as Chairman of IIT-Patna.
Mr. Sanjay Padode, Secretary, Centre for Developmental Education, announcing the membership of Mr. Ajai Chowdhry to the AGB said, “We are delighted to have a luminary like Ajai Chowdhry on our AGB. We look forward to Ajai mentoring the leadership team at IFIM towards making it a world class institution and helping us transform our students into holistic, socially responsible and continuously employable professionals. “
On why he agreed to be on the IFIM Board of Governors, Mr. Ajai Chowdhry said, “I was impressed with the energy, enthusiasm and commitment of the IFIM team towards building a progressive institution that is focused on transformation of students. When they invited me to join the Academic Governing Board, I gladly agreed. I will be mentoring the leadership team at IFIM, especially in new programs and initiatives in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics and Distance Learning.”
THE ACADEMIC GOVERNING BOARD OF IFIM B-SCHOOL
- Mr. V.B. Padode: Chairman for Developmental Education (CDE) Society and Chief Editor – Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ)
- Dr. R.S. Nirjar: Executive Chairman – Board of Governors, Vice Chancellor (Retd.) Gautam Budha University, Greater Noida (UP)
- Mr. Sanjay Padode: Secretary-CDE Society, Bangalore
- Dr. Pritam Singh: Member of Board of Governors, Director General of MDI and IIM-L
- Dr. Devi Singh: Director – Indian Institute of Management , Lucknow
- Padma Bhushan Mr. Ajai Chowdhry: Founder-HCL & Former Chairman-HCL Infosystems Ltd.
- Dr. Chandra Bhushan Sharma: Member of Board of Governors, President IGNOU Teacher’s Association.
- Dr. V.A. Sastry: Director – The National Stock Exchange.
- Mr. Mike Shah: President & CEO – M.S.Entreprises, Bangalore
- Mr. Rajesh Padode: Joint Managing Director – DSIJ Pvt.Ltd., Pune
- Dr. M.R.Gopalan: Advisor- Research, IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- Dr. Rajesh Naithani: Director-South African Airways
- Mr. Vikram K. Limsay: CEO & Principal Consultant, Helicon Consulting, Bangalore