IFIM Business School
Dr. A. M. Sakkthivel
Dr. A. M. Sakkthivel
Professor - Marketing
Prof. Dr. A M Sakkthivel possesses (20 years) of diversified back ground of industrial health & Telecom), research, academic and consulting experience. At present, he is Professor of Marketing at IFIM Business School, Bangalore, India. Prior to that, He worked as Full Professor of Marketing and Assistant Dean for Academic and Research Affairs, Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman, Associate Professor of Marketing and Asst. Dean for Academic and Research Affairs, Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman, Associate Professor of Marketing and Head of Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences at European University of Lefke (Government of TRNC), Turkey, Professor and Head, Department of Management Studies, St. Peter’s University, Chennai, India and Assistant Professor (One of top 10 B-schools of India) of Marketing with LIBA, Loyola College, Chennai, India.) He obtained a Coveted Certificate with Honors of Entrepreneurship Educators Course from Stanford University, USA, IIM- Bangalore and National Entrepreneurship Network. India. He is the recognized PhD supervisor for Madras University, India.
- EEC-Honors (Stanford University, USA), 2008
- PhD (Utkal University, India), 2005
- SLET (Government of India), 1998 (1st Attempt)
- UGG-NET (Government of India), 1997 (1st Attempt)
- MBA (Bharathiar University, India), 1996 (University II Rank Holder)
- BBM (Bharathiar University, India). 1994
Marketing Discipline viz. Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior, Sales & Distribution Management, International Marketing, Sales Negotiation, Marketing of Services, Strategic Marketing, Contemporary Marketing, International Marketing Strategies, Integrated Marketing Communications, Retailing Trends, International Business Strategy, Marketing Research & Research Methodology, Marketing in New Era, Cyber-Marketing, Internet Buyer Behavior, Marketing Innovation, New Distribution Models, Strategic Relationship Marketing etc.
Research and Consulting Area:
Current Research Works
He involves with several research works viz. Collaboration with National University, Singapore, Gauging Online Consumer Behavior in Turkey, Cyprus, Oman, Gauging Consumer Behavior towards Organized Retail in Turkey, Cyprus and India, Brand Communication, Advertising tools, women consumer behavior, Marketing Information, Advertising Tools, Brand Communications, Marketing Environments, Mobile Communications Response, Consumer behavior of technology products/Life Style Products/Consumer Durables/Communications in Turkey, Cyprus, Oman, Leisure Behavior Styles, Customer life time value and Customer Loyalty, Brand Switching Behavior, Service Quality Assessment, Online retailing in India, Internet Buying Behavior, Demographic impact on online purchase of Different Products and Services and Profiling Rural Consumer.
- Undertaken and successfully completed a consultancy assignment for Sarva Shiksha Abhayan (SSA), Tamil Nadu, Government of India, on identifying the effectiveness of organization system and to design an Effective Organization System for SSA, Tamil Nadu (October 2007 – Present). Role: Study Expert .
- Undertaken and successfully completed a consultancy assignment for Indian Railways Consultancy Arm, RITES, Government of India (Rail India Technical and Economic Services) on identifying passengers’ preferences on modifying coach design. This assignment will be used by Integral Coach Factory, Chennai for modifying existing coach Design. This is the first of its kind of survey has been conducted among passengers in the history of Indian Railways. (September 2005). Role: Project Head .
- Lead Consultant (Marketing and Strategic Initiatives) – SAVORIT Limited, A leading player in Pasta products, Chennai . (April 2007 – Present).
- Undertaken and successfully conducted 1 Day Growth workshop on “ Synchronizing Personal, Professional Growth with Organizational Growth: A Toolkit to Become Great from Good – V.3” to Top, Middle and Lower level Executives of SAVORIT LIMITED, Chennai, India (August 26, 2010).
- Undertaken and successfully conducted 2 Day Vision workshop on “Moving Ahead and Attain Sustainability – A Tool kit to realize Future Vision” to Top, Middle and Lower level Executives of SAVORIT LIMITED, Chennai (March 21 &22, 2008).
- Undertaken and successfully conducted 2 Day training-cum-workshop to upper middle, middle and lower level sales team of SAVORIT Limited, Chennai (Dec,06 & 07,2006).
- Undertaken and successfully setup a content development team, Recruitment, training, develop quality parameters, performance appraisal system, strategic mapping for a US Based E-learning Solutions company based in Chennai (Aug-Oct, 06): Role: Lead Consultant .
- Undertaken Consultancy Assignment on “Business Promotion, Quality Analysis and Cost Audit” for Ranchi Gymhkana Club, an Elite Country Club for six months (January-June 2001). Role: Project Head .
- Consultancy Assignment for launching a specialty Restaurant in Ranchi (May 2001).
Academic Work Experience
Prof. Dr. A M Sakkthivel taught at leading universities in India and Abroad. He taught at ISM, Ranchi, SIT, Tumkur, PESIT, Bangalore, LIBA, Chennai, St. Peter’s Univeristy, Chennai, India etc. He taught at International universities such as European University of Lefke, TRNC, Turkey, Sur University College, Sultanate of Oman etc. He held administrative positions such as Professor and Head of MBA Department, St. Peter’s University, Chennai, India, Associate Professor of Marketing and Head of Graduate Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, European University of Lefke, TRNC, Turkey, Associate Professor and Full Professor of Marketing and Asst. Dean for Academic and Research Affairs, Sur, Sultanate of Oman etc. He was Executive Editor, SUC Research Bulletin, Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman. He is Foreign Evaluator of Doctoral Thesis from numerous reputed universities from India and Abroad. He held several academic positions such as Member, LIBA Doctoral Research Committee, LIBA, Chennai, Chairman, Board of Studies, MBA, St.Peter’s University, Chennai, Member, Executive Member, Faculty Administrative Board, Faculty Academic Board, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, European University of Lefke, TRNC, Turkey, Chairman, Examination and Evaluation Committee, Curriculum Committee, Research and Seminar Committee, Promotion (sub) Committee etc. Member, College Academic Board, Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman. He undertook numerous executive oriented courses for executives from leading companies such as Ashok Leyland, EPPENDORF, Standard Chartered Bank, Hindustan Uni lever, MRF Tyres, CUL, Euroka Forbes, Honey Well, Frost & Sullivan, GE, SIFY Internet Services, Amalgamations Group, UGL, Citibank, Technip India, Dell,Citibank, Ford India, TCS, Satyam, Oman LNG, OMIFCO, Bank Dhofar, MOE, Oman Tel, Oman Insurance, Bank Muscat, Majan Electricity Co. ROP etc. to name a few.
Corporate Work Experience
He served at Middle level and upper middle level positions in Health and Telecom Industry. He is Consultant (Marketing and Strategy) for Savorit Foods Limited, Chennai India.
- He is Honored with CMO Asia’s BEST PROFESSOR IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT AWARD for the year 2010 in Singapore (One among 12 members selected across the World) – Asia’s Best B-School Awards (www.cmoasia.org)
- Honored with “BEST RESEARCHER” AWARD for the Year 2011-2012 – Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman
- Honored with “BEST RESEARCHER” AWARD for the Year 2010-2011 – Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman
- Honored with “Best Performer of Quality Research Publications “ AWARD for the Year 2013-2014 – Sur University College, Sur, Sultanate of Oman
Books/Research Papers Published
He has authored a Book on “Role of Cyber-Marketing in Influencing Consumer Buying Behavior” (Maha Maya Publishing House, New Delhi, India). He published research papers and articles in International Journals International Journal of Mobile Communications (SSCI), Journal of Promotion Management (Taylor & Francis, USA), Journal of Services Research, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Switzerland, International Journal of Business Excellence, Switzerland, International Journal of Electronic Finance, Switzerland (7.3/4, 7.2, 6.3/4, 6.1, 5.4, 5.1, 4.2, 3.3), International Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology, International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, USA, IIM B Management Review (Science Direct -Elsevier), Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce (20.2, 18.3, 11.3), Canada, South Asian Journal of Management, International Journal of Management Rivulet etc), National Journals (Indian Retail Review, Advertising Express, Journal of Consumer Behavior (ICFAI Press), Indian Journal of Marketing, JIMS 8M, Business Review (Annamalai) Management Matters, Siddhant etc.,), Dailies (Business Line – Hindu) and E-journals (IndianMBA.com). He also contributed chapters in numerous books viz. Handbook of Research on Trends and Innovations in Marketing Information Systems, IGI Global, USA, Handbook of Research on Higher Education in the MENA Region: Policy and Practice, IGI Global USA, Globalization and Consumerism: Issues and Challenges, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Marketing: Modern Practices, Brand Positioning, Brands in Retailing, Managing Emotional Appeal in Advertising, Sales Management, Key Accounts Management, Global Promotion, and edited books (Organizational Challenges, Excel Books (2001) & Changing Trends in Management, Excel Books (2003)). He presented research papers in National conferences (including AICTE & ICSSR sponsored) across the country to name a few.
His research papers have been selected and presented in 7th GreatLakes NASMEI Marketing Conference, Chennai, India, December 2013, National Conference on Sharing Best Practices-Teaching and Evaluation, Sur, Sultanate of Oman, December 2013, 6th GreatLakes NASMEI Marketing Conference, Chennai, India, December 2012, Oman Symposium on Management (OSOM 2012), IBRA, Sultanate of Oman, 4th March, 2012, International Marketing Conference, IIM Lucknow, India, January 2012, 8th Annual World Congress of Academy for Global Business Advancement, Dalian, China (AGBA 2011) September 2011, 8th BAI International Conference on Business and Information, Bangkok, Thailand (BAI2011) July 2011 (has been selected for presentation), International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovations, JIMS, New Delhi, India (Feb 2011), 2nd International Conference on Management Practices for Sustainable Growth (ICMPSG 2010), Annamalai University, India on July 2010, International Conference by Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), USA and PESIT, Bangalore, India on Jan 2010, 5th International Conference on Architecture and Engineering (ARCHENG), European University of Lefke, TRNC, Turkey on Nov 2008, International Conference on Electronic Business in Hong kong on Dec 2005, International Conference on Business and Information (BAI 2007) at Tokyo on July 2007, International Conference on Decision Sciences by Decision Science Institute (DSI) at IMT Gaziabad, India on Jan 2008, International Marketing Conference by NASMEI (North American Society of Marketing Education in India) at GLIM, India on Dec 2007, International Marketing Conference by Virginia Tech University and IPE, Hyderabad, India on Sep 2008, International Conference on Global Competitiveness by Griffith University, Newzealand and IFIM, Bangalore, India on Dec 2008 to name a few.
Prof. Dr. A M Sakkthivel's papers are inducted in World's top universities, B-schools and Databases such as Library of Princeton University, USA (one of the top Ivy League Universities), National Library of Australia, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark to name a few. He is also identified as one of the top scientists based on publications and citations in Oman. The following are the links of the same :-